Nursery Admissions: September 2019
As an integral part of our school, we are particularly proud of our outstanding Nursery provision at Fellside.
We aim to provide a stimulating and supportive environment in which your child can thrive, while beginning to make sense of the world around them, develop a natural curiosity and a thirst for learning as well as taking steps towards establishing skills in early reading, writing and counting. Importantly, we also aim to provide an environment to foster the social and emotional skills your child will need to continue to develop in readiness for when they progress into their Reception Year and begin their more formal education in Year 1. Overwhelmingly, of course, we want your child to have fun and develop their sense of self and their learning through play.
Our Nursery currently caters for 52 children (part-time, 26 children full-time equivalent) aged between 3 and 4 years old. It is staffed by the Nursery teacher; Miss Graham, and two teaching assistants; Miss Cranson and Mrs Wilkinson. We offer a flexible pattern of provision as follows:
- Full time: 30 hours – Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm (including 1 hour for lunch daily. Eligible parents only)*
- 5 days: 15 hours – Monday, Tuesday 8.30am to 3.30pm including 1 hour for lunch on each of the full days), and Wednesday morning 8.30am to 11.30pm
- 5 days: 15 hours – Wednesday afternoon 12.30pm to 3.30pm, and Thursday, Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm (including one hour for lunch on each of the full days)
- Mornings: Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 11.30am
- Afternoons: Monday to Friday from 12.30pm to 3.30pm
*To check your eligibility to 30 hours funded childcare for your child, visit www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Parents interested in applying for a place for admission to our Nursery from September 2019 are warmly invited to visit Fellside for a special Nursery open evening on either Wednesday 26th September; Wednesday 14th November or Wednesday 21st November 2018 at 5pm. There will be an opportunity to meet with our professional staff, see the learning environment and ask questions about our provision. We encourage you to bring your child so they too can see all we have to offer.
To book a place at the open evening or find out more about applying to our Nursery, please call the school office on 0191 4887486.
Parents are invited to download and complete our application form (below) for entry to Fellside Nursery from September 2019.
Please use the links/downloads provided for full information.